1. Learn the language points in this article.
2. Learn to talk about natural disasters.
Step 1 Revision
How much do you know about ‘An earthquake’?
Fill in the table.
Step 2 Explanation
1. feel a slight shake (n.)
e.g. We felt a slight shake when the earthquake started.
2. start to shake (vt.) 开始摇动
e.g. The earth started to shake when the earthquake began.
3. in fear 害怕地，恐惧地
in trouble 有麻烦的
in need 需要帮助的
in danger 处于危险之中
in hunger 饥饿的
e.g. People screamed in fear.
e.g. They got lost in the forest. They had to try different ways in fear.
4. run out of … 从……跑出
e.g. Some students run out of the classroom.
5. run in all directions 跑向四面八方
e.g. People ran in all directions.
6. come down 崩塌，坍塌
e.g. The walls began to come down.
7. feel nervous 感到紧张
8. beat fast 跳的快
e.g. He felt nervous and his heart was beating fast.
9. calm down 冷静下来，平静下来
calm v. 使平静，使镇静
e.g. I’m nervous, but I told myself to calm down.
e.g. I must keep calm.
10. find one’s way out 找到出路
e.g. He wants to find his way out.
11. move away 搬走，移走
e.g. They quickly move away the bricks.
Step 3 Do some exercises
1. The two old friends s_____ hands hard when they met in the street.
2. Most buildings in this area are made of b________ and stones.
3. The girl was full of f_____ when the earthquake started.
4. I tried to c______ down, but I was still frightened.
5. Kate began to s_____ when she saw a worm in her book.
二、Find the following phrases from the text.
三、Fill in the blanks.
1. Frightened by the loud noise, the children looked at each other ________ (害怕地).
2. The small animals in the forest __________________ (四处逃窜) when they saw a tiger coming.
3. We _________________ (正在尽全力) to protect wild animals.
4. The fans _______________(疯狂尖叫) all the time during the concert.
5. I _____________ (平静下来) after listening to the beautiful music.
6. Five workers ____________ (被困) in the mine for 10 hours last month.
Step 4 Homework
1. Recite this article.
2. Remember the language points in this lesson.